Have you ever thought about becoming a real estate broker, but decided it’s not quite the right time for you? With the added responsibilities and extra requirements of becoming a real estate broker, it can seem like a daunting prospect, but this real estate broker course in NY is here to help.
Here’s everything you need to know about becoming a real estate broker.
What’s the Difference Between a Real Estate Broker and a Real Estate Agent?
A real estate broker can carry out many more functions than a real estate agent. Like real estate agents, they can still represent buyers and sellers in property transactions, but qualifying as a NYS real estate broker opens up many more opportunities.
The main draw of becoming a real estate agent is the ability to be your own independent business. Of course, this comes with great responsibility, but it also comes with flexibility and the ability to control your own destiny.
Upon completion of your NYS real estate broker course, and passing your exams, you’ll be able to hire real estate agents, value properties, negotiate commercial loans, access the Multiple Listings Service (MLS), and, if you so desire, even become a real estate instructor.
Many people see this as an opportunity to take their career forward, and it’s often a natural progression for real estate agents.
How to Become a Real Estate Broker in NY
To become a real estate broker and to earn your broker’s license in New York, you have to study for and pass the real estate broker exam.
Because the position of real estate broker has greater responsibilities than a real estate agent, there are some minimum requirements you need to meet:
- Over the age of 20
- A minimum of two-years experience as a real estate salesperson, or at least three-years of qualifying experience in the real estate field.
- Earned 3500 points in sales/rentals within the two-year period of your sales license
- Passed our pre-qualifying real estate salesperson course.
Real estate brokers require a strong knowledge of the industry, and this is reflected in the requirements. You need to have built your experience and worked your way into the industry before you become eligible for your real estate broker course in NY.
Once you’ve completed the course, then you should be perfectly placed to pass the real estate broker exam, allowing you to start your own business and take your career to the next level.
The Benefits of Being a Broker
Being a real estate broker comes with a lot of responsibilities and increased liability, however, it’s not without its benefits. Some of the benefits that commonly draw people into becoming a real estate broker are:
- Increased knowledge: when you take a real estate broker course in NYS you’re investing in yourself. It’s a lot of education, and you’re bound to greatly improve your knowledge and skills.
- More money: when you become a broker, your earning potential increases significantly. You can put your own team together and expand exponentially, which means there’s no cap to how much you can earn.
- More flexibility: Real estate agents are quite limited in what they can do. Real estate brokers face no such limits, which means they can get involved with different aspects of the industry. This gives you more flexibility and allows you to focus on the bits you do best.
While it can take time and plenty of studying to become a real estate broker, most people find the benefits are well worth it.
How Does Summit RET’s Real Estate Broker Course Help Launch Your Career?
Summit RET’s real estate broker course for NYS doesn’t just help you pass an exam (although it does a great job of this too). Summits RET’s course is about equipping you with the skills you need to thrive and forge a successful career in real estate for years to come.
It will prepare you for your first hurdle – the exam, but it will also make sure you have a strong understanding of the basic rules and regulations of real estate brokerage. On top of this, it will help improve vital skills such as negotiating, communication, and decision making.
These are skills that will serve you well throughout your career, so it’s important you start from a strong basis of knowledge. With in-depth, interactive courses from industry experts, Summit RET is the best way to prepare for your New York real estate broker’s license while gaining the skills you need for a successful career.
The Summit RET Real Estate Broker Course Curriculum
Summit RET’s real estate broker course takes place over 45 hours of learning. It is broken down into 11 modules, giving you a full picture of the industry and preparing you for every area of the real estate broker exam:
- Chapter 1 – Agency Law; License Law; Operating a Real Estate Office
- Chapter 2 – Real Estate Finance
- Chapter 3 – Real Property Investment
- Chapter 4 – General Business Law
- Chapter 5 – Construction and Development
- Chapter 6 – Conveyance of Real Property
- Chapter 7 – Real Property Management
- Chapter 8 – Taxes and Assessments
- Chapter 9 – Advanced Fair Housing and Fair Lending
- Chapter 10 – Achieving Agreements Through Transaction Analysis
- Chapter 11 – Local Concerns
Summit RET is the brainchild of people who worked in the industry, so everything is tailored to help you succeed in the real world. With well-researched curriculums, optimized learning schedules, the latest information, and high-quality teaching resources, our course is the perfect way to further your career.
Launch Your Real Estate Career
If you’re an experienced real estate agent, then the opportunity is there to become a real estate broker. For many people, this offers huge benefits, boosting your earning potential, and giving you greater freedom and control over your life.
The next step to launching your career as a real estate broker is to enroll in a NY real estate broker course. With the right learning materials, you’ll be prepared to pass your real estate broker’s exam, and hone the skills that you’ll use throughout your career.
Take the first step – sign up for a course today.